15 Excellent Essay Narrative Examples For College Applications
In narrative writing, students are asked to essentially tell a story using as much description as possible. This kind of writing is widely used in the common app essay for college as it accomplishes two things: 1) it helps tell the admissions committee the kind of person you are and 2) demonstrates your writing ability and preparedness for college-level courses. Before you ask what is a narrative you should have a look at the ideas we’ve listed below. Each of these has been proven to be great starting points towards inspirational writing. You can see that even with just a little brainstorming you begin to think about those short story examples you have been reading to prepare for this important part of the application. The essay examples below collected by paper writing help company Mypaperwriter.com are available to use for free, but we encourage you to think outside of the box and use them as inspiration towards developing your own ideas. Have a look:
- If you had a billion dollars to spend in 2 days how would you do it knowing that you cannot keep anything purchased?
- What would you prefer to have as a super-hero type power? Invisibility for a few minutes or ability to freeze time?
- What is the most frightening experience you have ever encountered? How did you react when it happened?
- Have you ever lost a beloved pet? What were the circumstances for the loss and how did you react to the news?
- If you had the ability to change any even in history what would it be? How do you imagine the alternative?
- What do you believe your first day in college will be like? Will you be quick to learn the campus and services?
- Have you ever had an experience that has left you disillusioned about something you believe to be true in life?
- If you had the chance to be a guest on a talk show who would you like to visit with? Is this person still on the air?
- What do your social networking profiles say about you that you would like to keep secret from your new friends in school?
- What is the hardest thing you have ever had to overcome? What made it so difficult and how did you persevere?
- What would you do if you had no access to the internet (computers and phones) for an entire week? Are you prepared?
- Do you have an odd way of relieving stress? If so, what makes it so different from what others usually do?
- If you have ever had a teacher inspire you what is it that he/she did? How do you think it has impacted your life?
- Which book do you think has taught you the most about life? Is this something you had to read for class or on your own?
- Which phrases or words do avoid because of dislike? Do any of your friends or close acquaintances use them?
If you need more assistance with a narrative essay assignment, online professional writers can provide you with new lists of topics or can help you review and edit your assignment. Additionally, many pro writers can send you college essay examples or write your application for you – all for an affordable price.